Bithumb administrator will never ask you
to disclose your password, OTP authentication number
or any other personal information.
Please remember that a Bithumb administrator will never ask you to disclose your personal information.
For your safe and secure virtual asset transaction, please follow the [Customer Safe Transactions Guideline].
Change your passwordregularly
Delete automatic log in &cookie information
Prevent exposure tomalware
Check your Bithumbaccess information
Beware of anyone falselyposing as Bithumb
Change your password regularly.
- Change your password at least every three months. Set different password for each internet site you access.
- A password should be more than eight digits, with a combination of more than three different type of
characters from the English alphabet (small and capital letters), numbers and special symbols.
- Change Password
Examples of unsafe passwords
- Using only two types of characters (Four types of characters suggested for making a safe password:
English alphabet capital letters, English alphabet small letters, numbers and special symbols)
- Password using 7 characters or less
- Password comprised of widely known words
- Password including personal information, such as ID, birthday and phone number
- Password using a pattern such as the repetition of specific characters
- Password using sequential keyboard entries like qwerty
- Password using any suggested example of a password or the default system setting
- Password previously used
Security will be strengthened if you set the OTP verification.
- Set up an OTP authentication as your additional layer of authentication and use the OTP(One Time Password) generated from your smartphone’s Google Authenticator app for sensitive transactions such as your KRW/BTC transfers to improve the security level of your transactions.
- OTP setting can be done at My Page. Set OTP Authentication
My Page-OTP Authentication
Download app and
Authenticate OTP and
Please delete the auto log-in function and saved cookie information.
Internet Explorer cookie delete guide
Click Setting on the upper right corner > Internet Option > Delete Search History
Chrome cookie delete guide
Click See More (three dots) on the upper right corner > History > Clear Browsing Data
Check your Bithumb access information.
You can check your log in history including access location, access device, browser and IP address of up to one(1) month at the Bithumb homepage. If you suspect any unauthorized log in, immediately change your password and contact the Bithumb Customer Center or send us an email.Check Access Information
Prevent exposure to malware
by following the security guideline.
Risks of hacking increases from virus or spyware that is automatically installed while using the internet.
Follow the security guideline to prevent your PC and smartphones from being hacked.
- Do not download unknown applications
- Do not visits sites that cannot be trusted
- Delete text messages and emails sent from unknown dubious senders
- Use password set function and regularly change password.
- Turn on wireless interface such as Bluetooth only when in use.
- When your device functions abnormally, check for malware infections
- Run a virus scan for all downloaded files before opening
- Keep OS and vaccine programs up-to-date
Beware of any sites, emails, text messages and phone calls
falsely posing as Bithumb.
We are aware of recent incidents of phishing sites, email, text messages being sent and voice phishing calls being made, falsely posing as Bithumb. Please take caution.
Confirm official Bithumb site (https://www.bithumb.com/)
When accessed via Chrome, the official Bithumb homepage will display the 'Secure'sign on the address bar, as shown below.
Verification method for Bithumb impersonating emails
Do not open emails from any other addresses and delete them immediately. Also, Bithumb does not request personal data from customers using only email and does not send emails that include attachments.
Verification method for Bithumb impersonating SMS
Official Bithumb sender phone number : 1661 – 5566
Bithumb will not include direct access phone numbers or internet addresses in a log in confirmation text message. When you receive such a text message, DO NOT call the directed phone number or access the provided internet address. Instead, immediately delete the text message.
How to recognize false Bithumb phone calls
Official Bithumb sender phone number : 1661 – 5566
Bithumb will contact our customers using only the official Customer Center phone number.
However, caution is needed, as there can be voice phishing criminals that manipulate caller-ID numbers and use the Bithumb Customer Center phone number in their voice phishing scams. If you suspect a call to be from a voice phishing scam, DO NOT give any personal information over the phone and immediately notify and report the case to the Bithumb Customer Center.
Guarding your values.
Internet Banking Fraud Prevention Campaign View more
Bithumb’s top priority is securely protecting personal information and assets of our customers.
Bithumb will continue to work hard and we ask that our customers also follow the security guideline provided above and enjoy safe transaction services.